|photo credit: allrecipes.com|
Need a dish to bring to feed a crowd? This Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad will do just that!
Now... feel free to play around with this one, but this base recipe is great as is, but certainly has plenty of room for you to make it "yours"!
I found it over at PBS.org, hey they have more than cookies for cookie monster over there! They have a great resource of tested recipes! here is the link to the original recipe
Serving size for this recipe is hard to pin down depending on if you are serving it as a main dish or side dish. I am putting it as serving 10-12, but that could go up or down depending on serving size and type of pasta you choose, size of chicken chunks, etc.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
servings; approx: 12
- 2 16-ounce bottles Italian Dressing
- 2 boxes penne pasta
- 8-10 chicken breasts cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cans black olives sliced
- 2 cans marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 container cherry tomatoes (approx. 20-25)
- 1 8 oz. container crumbled Feta cheese
- Season salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- Place pasta in large bowl or pan such as a turkey roaster pan.
- Add the cooked, diced chicken to the pasta
- Add in the sliced onions
- Open the olives, drain and add to bowl.
- Open artichokes, drain, and place on cutting board. Roughly chop into bite sized pieces. add to bowl.
- Rinse tomatoes add to bowl.
- Add feta cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add season salt to taste.
- Stir in Italian Dressing. Mix well.
- Store in refrigerator till serving.