I love that it takes only a few minutes to make so is perfect during the busy holidays! I have adapted the recipe from the one over at: bezzants. I recommend cutting them into small bars, they are so rich and yummy!
|Got Milk? You know you're gonna need some!|
Ingredients: 1 bag (10-12 ounces) mini marshmallows (Set aside 1 cup for later in recipe)
12 oz. bag of chocolate chips or chunks (Set aside 1/4 cup for later in recipe)
5 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
5 cups graham-flavored cereal (like Golden Grahams)
1) Line 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Reserve 1 cups mini-marshmallow & 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Combine remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips , butter and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat. stir until completely melted & Combined.
3) Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 3/4 cup marshmallows (I saved remaining 1/4 cup for the top)
4) Spread into prepared pan.. (I found it easiest to do this by scraping it out with a rubber spatula, and then pressing it into the pan by opening up and using the empty wax paper cereal liner bag sprayed with non stick spray, and then gently pressing down on the bars.
I forgot to take a picture of pressing down with the wax paper. (Maybe because I was too busy picking of f and nibbling on the blobs of goodnes that were stuck to the wax paper!)
5) Sprinkle top of bars with remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips.
6) Cool completely, then cut into 20-24 pieces