Seriously, you'll hate that you didn't figure this out before but you'll do it from now on!
- Using a regular can opener (not those safety lid kind), open the top of the can,but leave the lid in place.
- Flip the can over. If opening with a hand held can opener, set the now opened side down on your counter. If using an electric, use a finger to keep the lid in place upside down as you work.
- Open the bottom of the can.
- Carefully lift the can and slide the top lid off the can (Please don't slice open your hand on the sharp edges!)
- Hold the can over the mixing bowl or saucepan you are using the soup/paste in.
- Push with your finger on the bottom lid, sliding it and all of the contents of the can right out of the can and into the bowl/pan.
- Carefully pick the bottom lid out of the bowl/pan (again, please don't slice open your hand on its sharp edges)
- Can is clean and empty in just seconds!