Your family will begin to LOVE leftover night when you whip these warm sandwiches from the oven!
15 minutes is all you need to pull this together. Everytime I put Spaghetti on my menu I also put Pizza Subs. I usually have the cold cuts so just adding Sub rolls to the grocery list is all I usually need to make a second meal. In the ingredients below I am listing exactly what I put on the sandwiches in the picture. But the amounts can vary depending on what I have on hand. You can also add other ingredients too such as banana peppers, mushrooms, etc.
Leftover Spaghetti Sauce (1/2 cup per sandwich approx.)
Sub rolls (1 per person)
Deli Ham slices (2 per sandwich)
Salami slices (2-3 per sandwich)
Pepperoni (12 small slices or 3-4 large slices)
Shredded or sliced cheese (mozarella, monterey jack, povolone, cheddar) Grab what you've got.
- Slice open sub roll in half length wise. I do not cut mine all the way through but you can.
- Open up sliced rolls onto baking sheet.
- Layer bottom half of sub rolls with meat. Start with ham, then salami, top with pepperoni
- Layer top half of sub roll with left over spaghetti sauce
- Sprinkle or layer cheese on top of spaghetti sauce.
- Cook under broil on low broil 3-5 minutes till heated through and cheese is melty and bubbly.
I like to slightly preheat my spaghetti sauce in the microwave for a minute or so before making the sandwich. Not piping hot, but just back to room temperature. This helps if you have a really hot broiler and your cheese is done before the meat /sauce is heated.
I sprinkle the top with garlic bread seasoning, which is a mixture of Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning. It adds that secret layer of flavor that puts the sandwich over the top!