It is game time for the Big football game and the gang's all here! I love having these Sloppy Joe Buffalo Chicken Sliders ready to go, and go.. they sure do! Quick that is!
We have a big "mancave" upstairs all decked out in my husbands favorite team colors.. (Blue and Silver!) and we are huge football fans, so having family and friends over for football games is a given, So these are perfect because you can keep them in the freezer and then just thaw and warm them up for game time!
- Make These Ahead and store them in the freezer wrapped in foil, Then just thaw and reheat in the oven before game time.
- Start with less hot sauce (1/8 cup a.k.a. 2 Tblsp) of hot sauce and then seeing how hot it is, before adding more. You can always add more later, but you can't take it back out!
Sloppy Joe Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Makes approx. 12 mini sliders or 6 regular sandwiches
1 can Sloppy Joe Sauce (I used Bold Flavor Manwich)
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/8-1/4 cup hot sauce.
12 slider sized buns or 6 full sized buns (I used Chibatta slider buns)
Optional: Blue Cheese crumbles, Ranch Dressing,
1. Pour shredded chicken into large skillet.
2. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the Sloppy Joe Sauce into skillet. (Reserve remaining 1/2 cup of sauce for another meal)
3. Add in hot sauce (I used 1/8 cup), and stir to mix.
4. Heat over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is heated through.
5. Split open your rolls in half, and divide mixture evenly between the rolls. Place top buns on sandwiches.
Serve warm w/ bowls of toppings: blue cheese and or ranch dressing (I serve both).
Jan's Tip: Use a small ice cream scoop! It will give you the perfect amount of Sloppy Joe mixture onto each slider bun.
Did I mention this recipe freezes well?