today I am serving mine over tortellini, broccoli, and diced rotisserie chicken.
Garlic-Parmesan Alfredo Sauce
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups cream (can use all milk if no cream is available)
1 (8 0z) package of cream cheese softened to room temperature
3 Tablespoons butter (real butter is best)
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk till well blended.
- Add in granulated garlic, milk, and cream, stirring till well blended.
- Simmer over medium heat till sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in cream cheese and stir it in as it begins to melt.
- When cream cheese is melted in and sauce is thickened. stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve over pasta.