Got a picky toddler who only likes "macamoni and cheese" as my 2 year old grand daughter calls it? They will gobble this dish up!
This dish is my daughters specialty. She shared the recipe with me and I am very glad she did!
She cooks the chicken up from scratch, but I am thinking we could use some diced rotisserie chicken as well. Just don't tell my daughter!
Jen's Tip:(Jan's daughter) Play around with the vegetable you use. Broccoli is a favorite, but today we used zucchini and yellow squash. (My grand daughter gobbles up zucchini like crazy, so the choice for me was obvious!) Asparagus in season would be wonderful too!
Lemon Pepper Pasta
Ingredients: 2 cups Bow Tie Pasta
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 zuchinni, diced (or 1 stock of chopped broccoli)
2 large Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
1/4 cup (half a stick) of butter
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook noodles accourding to package directions.
- In separate large skillet over medium heat, put oil, garlic, chicken pieces, lemon pepper seasoning, and zucchini. Stir occasionally.
- When noodles are cooked through, drain and add to skillet with chicken.
- Using the pan from the noodles make the sauce by adding butter and cream, 1 clove minced garlic, and lemon pepper. Let boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over pasta
- Reserving 2 Tablespoons of paremsan cheese, mix in the rest of the cheese into the pasta.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- If skillet is not oven proof, transfer pasta to large casserole dish.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 30 min. or until bubbly.