This is a super easy candy to make and is perfect for those last minute gifts for coworkers, hostess gifts at a party, etc.
Jan's Tip: For the chocolate: you can either use chocolate chips or feel free to grab those candy melt trays you see at the holidays for dipping candies. They are perfect for this too!
Double Chocolate Holiday Bark
2 cups milk chocolate chips (or one 16 oz. tray of chocolate candy melt)
2 cups white chocolate chips (or one 16 oz tray of white candy melt)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup each: dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and roasted salted almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt milk chocolate according to package directions.
- Spread melted chocolate into a thin layer on pan, using a spatula.(don't bother trying to fill entire pan)
- Set pan in fridge about 5 min to begin to harden the chocolate.
- While pan is in fridge, melt the white chocolate according to package directions.
- Stir the cinnamon into the white chocolate.
- Pull pan from fridge and pour white chocolate over milk chocolate layer. Use a spatula to spread.
- Working quickly before white chocolate layer sets, sprinkle the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and almonds over the chocolate.
- Use a spatula to gently press them into the chocolate.
- Put pan in fridge approx. 5 min or until it is hardened.
- Break into pieces.
- Package for gifts or start nibbling on it!
Want some more fun treats! Come join me in this weeks: Holiday Treat Exchange over at Playdough and Popsicles!: there's a lot more treats just like mine over there!