I will even give you a choice of one of your ingredients too!
So once in awhile grab this 2 ingredient recipe and make a batch! ..
Want to know a secret? when I make biscuits for Sausage gravy, I make this, but pat it out into a cast iron skillet instead of rolling out and cutting individual biscuits, and bake the entire dough like corn bread and then cut into wedges and pour the gravy over a big HUGE wedge of fluffy buttermilk (or cream) biscuit!
For the liquid ingredient you can choose from cream, buttermilk, or whole milk. All will work great, but will make the biscuit taste just a bit different from each other. I have used them all and like them all!
2 Ingredient Never Fail Biscuits
Makes 12 biscuits
- 2 cups Self -Rising Flour
- 1 cup of your choice of liquid : Heavy Cream, Buttermilk, or, Whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Lightly Spray 9x11 baking pan.
- In mixing bowl combine flour and your choice of liquid (cream, buttermilk, or whole milk).
- Stir just until blended. do not over mix.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surfaced and knead dough 10 times.
- Using rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a 2 inch cutter or drinking glass,
- Place biscuits close together on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. till lightly browned.