Jan's Tip: Feel free to play around with your sweeteners, but you'll have to have some trial and error on amounts and keeping your dry to liquid ratio ok for baking the dough.
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup oat Flour (Grind oats in blender)
1/3 cup plus 1 Tblsp. Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons milk
- In mixing bowl, blend flours, sugar and baking soda.
- Heat butter, honey, and milk until butter is melted.
- Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Cover and let chill in refrigerator 30-45 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 " thick. Cut into squares.
- bake in 350° for 15 minutes.
- Prick crackers with fork as they come from oven.
- Let cool before serving.
- Store in airtight containers.