No need for time consuming cinnamon rolls, and I think these are so much better than the the pop open kind of cinnamon rolls, even though you use pop open dough to make them!
They are prefect to take along to an early morning work meeting or to make for a breakfast or a holilday brunch. I make these for Christmas morning.
Jan's Tip: These use: cinnamon chips which are found in the same aisle with the chocolate chips, but you can substitute ground cinnamon if you'd like.
Lets get you started!
Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
1 package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1 can vanilla icing or make powdered sugar glaze (see below)
- Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package
- Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper or lightly spray with non stick spray.
- Open crescent roll package and seperate dough into 8 triangles on baking sheet.
- spread 1/2 Tablespoon butter on each triangle.
- sprinkle each butter topped dough with 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Top each brown sugar with 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Chips
- Starting at wide end of triangles roll dough up to pointed end forming a crescent.
- Roll up each triangle.
- Bake 12-15 min according to package directions till golden brown.
- Removed from oven and let cool
- Drizzle with frosting or glaze.
To make a basic powdered sugar glaze;
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we're serving up!
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline's Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
In case you missed them, here’s Monday and Tuesday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Dipped Strawberry Carrots by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sharadan's Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime