I love to make a batch of both: Strawberry Limeade and Raspberry Lemonade! They are both so good and GONE at the end of the cook out!
Jan's Tip: Want to make it "Sparkling"? Just substitute 2 Liters of club soda or sparkling water chilled for the cold water in the recipe!
Here's how I make them!
To Make Raspberry Lemonade: I am listing the ingredients for the Strawberry Limeade. Just substitute Lemonade for the Limeade and Raspberrries for the Strawberries in the recipe
Makes approx. 3 1/2 qts.
2 (12 oz.) cans frozen limeade concentrate
2 (10 oz ) pkgs. frozen strawberries partially thawed OR 3 cups fresh strawberries (raspberries =1 pint)
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
2 quarts (8 cups) cold water
- In blender, combine limeade concentrate, strawberries and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Cover and process until blended.
- If using raspberries, strain through fine mesh strainer to remove seeds if desired.
- Pour mixture in a 4 quart container.
- Add in water and mix well.
- Taste and decide if want to stir in additional 1/4 cup of sugar to your taste.
- Add add'l sugar if desired, and stir well till sugar dissolved.
- Add ice cubes and serve immediately OR put in refrigerator to chill till serving.
Now, that you have the drinks ready.. let's look at some other great grilling week ideas for your cookout!